Douleutaras is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
Douleutaras.gr is the leading tech-enabled company for home services. We launched in March 2015 and since then we have helped more than 100.000 customers find the right expert for their job.
We have been growing extremely fast (more than €1m annual revenue in just 2 years of operation) and are supported by top-tier investors from Greek and abroad. We have assembled a world-class team and are looking for top talent. Join us in disrupting the €400 billion home services market!
As a software engineer you will be building core capabilities and services for Douleutaras and you must be passionate about software engineering and awesome product experiences. You should care deeply about writing solid code, you closely follow industry trends and the open source community, you are curious and an avid learner. You like to move fast and get code into production because you know that your work has a positive impact on the lives of end users.
- Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Design and Operations
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
- Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience
- Solid web developer with at least 2 years of Python experience and strong experience in Django framework
- 4+ years professional experience with enterprise architecture and developing highly scalable websites/services
- Strong Understanding of OOP principles/design patterns
- Proven REST services experience
- Source control systems experience
- Good knowledge on relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Good written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies
Desired (but not necessary)
- AngularJS experience
- Prior participation in a startup environment
- You will feel the thrill of owning a business and marvel just a few weeks later at what you have achieved
- Impact the lives of our millions of customers and of the professionals we partner with
- Being a part of an international team that has grown 10 times in just two years
- Competitive compensation and potential for stock options
- A bespoke development plan that will allow you to utilise your potential and grow quickly
- The pleasure of being part of a high-performance team that works hard but has plenty of fun in the process