Python Software engineer
Douleutaras is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
Douleutaras.gr uses cutting-edge technology to connect customers looking for a professional with the experts that can service them. We launched in March 2015 and since then we have helped more than 50.000 customers to find the right professional for their project in 200 different categories. Currently, we are expanding our business to other cities in Greece and in Europe and we are looking for the most talented engineers to join our technology team.
As a software engineer you will be building core capabilities and services for Douleutaras and you must be passionate about software engineering and awesome product experiences. You should care deeply about writing solid code, you closely follow industry trends and the open source community, you are curious and an avid learner. You like to move fast and get code into production because you know that your work has a positive impact on the lives of end users.
- Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Design and Operations
- Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
- Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
- Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience
- Solid web developer with at least 2 years of Python experience and strong experience in Django framework
- 4+ years professional experience with enterprise architecture and developing highly scalable websites/services
- Strong Understanding of OOP principles/design patterns
- Proven REST services experience
- Source control systems experience
- Good knowledge on relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Good written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Self starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and technologies
Desired (but not necessary)
- AngularJS experience
- Prior participation in a startup environment
Engaging Environment: You will feel the thrill of building a startup and marvel just a few weeks later at what you have achieved.
Meaningful work: To build our professional services EMPIRE you will be working with people in different countries globally and impacting their decisions.
Peer Relationships: Be ready to join an ambitious and hardworking team who wants to reach the stars and loves to work together.
Support: We support each other, we motivate each other and we believe that we will revolutionise the professional services industry.
Competitive Compensation: A competitive salary and stock options.
Of course, we have the usual parties and perks which come with a start up, but we truly believe that the aforementioned values will have a much higher impact on Douleutaras on a global scale.